UPSC CDS 2018 Application Form : A major notification will be released regarding UPSC CDS (II) 2018 Application Form. Union Public Service Commission has been dispatched the Combined Defence Services Examination (2) 2018 notification on 8th August 2018. All the candidates who are eagerly wanted to appear in the UPSC CDS 2018 Exam on 18th November 2018 they can apply online on or before the last date. All the keen & entitled candidates who want to join the Army, Navy, Airforce they can fill the online UPSC CDS II 2018 Application Form through the official website that is upsconline.nic.in till the last date that is 3rd September 2018. The other details related to CDS 2 Exam 2018 are given below, kindly go through it.
CDS II Exam 2018[Show]
- CDS 2 2018 Application form Details
- UPSC CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- UPSC CDS II Important Dates
- How To Apply for UPSC CDS 2018?
- UPSC CDS II/2018 Important Links
- CDS 2 Exam 2018 Selection Process
- UPSC CDS Exam Pattern
- UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2018
- CDS Exam Centers
- CDS II Result 2018
- UPSC CDS Exam 2018 Guidelines
Combined Defence Services: Every year a significant number of candidates appears in the CDS exam, but there are only limited seats. These seats are reserved for the students who will qualify all the stages involved in the selection process. Though the numbers of vacancy are for CDS (II) 2018 has not been mentioned yet, but all of these vacancies are distributed in different departments like IMA, INA, IAA, OTA. We have also mentioned here the units in which the qualified students will be divided as per their preferences.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (For Women)
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
Interested and skilled candidates can apply for CDS II Exam 2018 by clicking on the apply online link in this article. The aspirants are advised to submit the only single application. However, the candidates who are submitting multiple UPSC CDS 2018 Application Form should note that the higher registration ID will be given priority. The mode of applying is only valid as online. If at any stage of the admission, it is found the information provided was not correct, candidates application will be cancelled immediately.
CDS 2 2018 Notification
Union Public Service Commission will be released CDS 2 2018 Exam Notification on 8th August 2018. Those who are going to fill UPSC CDS Application Form they need to be check notification. Authority conducts CDS exam to give chance candidates do jobs in Army, Navy, and Airforce. Here we request to candidates that check eligibility criteria first then go for the apply process.
CDS 2 2018 Application form Details
Name of Organization: Union Public Service Commission
Official Website: upsconline.nic.in
Name of Examination: Combined Defence Services II Examination 2018
No. of Vacancies (tentative):
- Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun: 100 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (For Women) – 12 Posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala – 45 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (For Men) – 225 Posts
UPSC CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before going to apply for CDS Exam 2018, candidates first have to check out if he/she set the eligibility criteria for the UPSC CDS application process or not. Before going directly towards the application form, you should read the eligibility criteria for CDS 2 2018 Application form from official notification. There is a different standard for all the defence academy. We have mentioned here the age groups which are eligible to give the examination. So Let’s checks it out the eligibility for UPSC CDS Application Form 2018 that is given below.
|Academy||Educational Qualification||Age Group|
|Indian Military Academy||Graduation or Equivalent Degree||20-25 years|
|Indian Naval Academy||Degree in Engineering||20-24 years|
|Indian Airforce Academy||Degree in B.E or B.tech/B.sc with 10+2 Certificate||20-25 years|
|Officer’s Training Academy(Women)||Graduation in any discipline from recognised University||Unmarried Candidates (20-25 years)|
|Officer’s Training Academy (Men)||Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university||Unmarried Candidates (20-25 years)|
UPSC CDS II Important Dates
Till now, we have come across all the information dealing with the eligibility criteria and application procedure of CDS II 2018 Exam, but now let us have a look at the important dates of CDS 2018 Recruitment. All the candidates are requested to keep in mind the important dates for the UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2018. So here all the important dates are given below
|Events||CDS II 2018 Exam Dates|
|CDS II Online Registration Starts From||8th August 2018|
|Last Date to Fill CDS II Application Form||3rd September 2018|
|CDS II 2018 Exam Date||18th November 2018|
|CDS II Result 2018 declaration date||December 2018|
|SSB Interview||Update Soon|
|Final Result||Update Soon|
UPSC CDS Application Form 2018, UPSC CDS II 2018 Exam, CDS II Notification, CDS Exam 2018 Apply Online
This is a good opportunity for candidates who are looking for Government Jobs in the department of defence. All the interested candidates who wanted to give the UPSC CDS II 2018 Exam they have to fill the UPSC CDS II application form 2018 through the official website before the last date expires. Below steps are given to how to apply for this UPSC CDS Recruitment 2018.
How to Apply Online for CDS 2018 Recruitment
The CDS Application Form comprise of two Parts- (i) Part I Registration and Part II Registration. Firstly, candidates are required to complete Part I Registration and after that Part II Registration. Applicants should complete both the part of Registration Since incomplete details will be rejected by authority.
Step I: Part-I Registration– At the time of Part-I Registration, aspirants should enter their all the information regarding academic, selection of examination center, address and also personal details. Candidates must check the details entered by them in the form by clicking on the preview tab and you can make changes if any. After verifying all the details are correct, click on ‘Submit’ button. Now you can get system generated registration number will be displayed on the screen.
- Name: Applicants will have to fill the full name as given on their matriculation certificate. Use of prefixes like Mr. or Ms is not allowed unless their name is shorter than 4 letters.
- Parents Name: Applicants will have to provide full name of their father and mother in the application form of CDS 2018. Prefixes like Shri, Dr., Sm., etc., should not be used.
- Date of Birth: Applicants will have to enter their complete and correct date of birth as printed on their birth/matriculation or secondary education certificate. D.O.B should be entered as per the format asked in the application form.
- Nationality: UPSC will specify the list of eligible nationals who can apply for the recruitment. Applicants should check the names under the CDS eligibility criteria and choose their correct nationality from the list given on the drop down menu.
- Residential Address: Applicants will have to enter their complete permanent residential address in the CDS application form along with contact number and email id. These details will be used for future correspondence related to the recruitment.
- Fee Relaxation Claimed: Applicants who belong to SC/ST Category do not have pay any application fees. They will have to choose SC/ST category or sons of JCO’s/NCO’s or Ors to claim fee relaxation.
Academic Qualification Details
As per the eligibility conditions specified by UPSC, applicants will need to posses certain academic qualification before filling CDS application form 2018. Candidates will have to enter the required details pertaining to their educational qualification. They will also have to provide details of passing marks for 10th and 12th standards.
Verification of Details
Once the applicants are through with filling up of details as asked in the CDS 1 application form, they will have to click on update button to complete part 1 registration process. Applicants should check all the details before updating their details in the application form as all details will not be open for editing later.
Generation of Registration ID
Once the details have been updated, applicants will have to submit part 1 of the application form. Upon successful submission of part 1 a unique system generated registration id will be given to each applicant. The details of registration id will also be sent to the candidate by means of email.
Applicants are advised to keep the registration id and password safely as these will be required to fill part 2 of the application form. Applicants can now proceed with Part 2 of the registration process.
CDS Application Form 2018- Part 2
Once the applicants are done with the part 1 registration of UPSC CDS 2018, they will have to proceed and complete Part 2 to complete the submission of their applications. The Part 2 registration consists of 3 parts. Aspirants can check complete details of part 2 of the CDS application form as explained here.
Step 2: Part II Registration – To fill part II application you need to log in with registration number and date of birth. Part II Registration comprise three steps:
- Fee Payment
- Signature & Photograph Upload
Fee Payment: Candidates need to submit application charges with three options – Pay by cash, Internet Banking, and Visa/ Master/ Debit or Credit.
Uploading Signature & Photograph
Candidates need to check their size of photograph and signature before uploading. You need to scan their photograph and signature in JPG format. The size of the images should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB size for the Photograph and 1 Kb size for the signature. The Pixel size should be 140 pixel height * 110 width for signature and 110 pixels height * 140 pixels width for photography.
After completion of form filling process for UPSC CDS Application form, candidates are advised to take printout of application form for further use.
UPSC CDS II/2018 Important Links
UPSC CDS II Application Fees:
- General and OBC candidate: Rs 200/-
- No fee for all other candidates
- Candidate deposits the application fee any branch of State Bank Of India by net banking.
CDS 2 Exam 2018 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of these three rounds, The candidates who qualify the 1st round will be eligible for the next round. Below all three round are given, kindly go through it
- The online exam will be conducted across the country.
- After the selection in the online written test, you will get selected for SSB Interview.
- SSB Selection Process will test the physical and mental ability of the candidate.
- Selected Candidates will be called for the last step that is document verification followed by personal interview.
So these were the three stages of the selection procedure of the CDS Exam 2018. To be successful in this examination, there has to be consistency and precision. You have to practice more. The below for the good preparation we had provided the UPSC CDS II Exam Pattern 2018 & the Syllabus, so kindly go through it.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern
All the candidates want an exam pattern & syllabus before they start preparation, so to start the preparation for CDS Exam 2018, you should be aware of the examination pattern. The marking scheme and the distribution of subjects plays a vital role in the preparation. Here we will endow you with the brief idea about the structure and CDS 2018 exam pattern with detail. To attempt all the questions on time you the candidate should be aware of the total duration and the number of questions asked in the CDS 2018 Exam. To explain the examination, the applicant should know the detailed syllabus of English and Elementary Mathematics.
CDS 2018 Exam Pattern for INA, IMA, IAA
|ELEMENTARY MATHS||100||2 HOURS|
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||100||2 HOURS|
|TOTAL DURATION||6 Hours|
For the three above mentioned academy we have three sections in the written examination which is of total 300 marks.
CDS II 2018 Exam Pattern For OTA
|GENERAL KNOWLEDGE||100||2 HOURS|
|TIME DURATION||4 HOURS|
UPSC CDS Syllabus
|ELEMENTARY MATHS||Number System, Unitary method compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation, Elementary Number Theory. H.C.F. and L.C.M, Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms , Algebra, trigonometry, geometry, areas , menstruation and statistics|
|General knowledge||Current events, daily news paper headlines, chemistry, history, geography etc.|
|English||Basic grammar topics, comprehension, synonyms, antonyms, Para jumbles and error spotting.|
UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2018
All the candidates who will successfully submit their UPSC CDS Application Form 2018 can avail the CDS Admit Card 2018 from the official website of UPSC. Union Public Service Commission will release the UPSC CDS II Hall Ticket after the application process will over.
CDS Exam Centers
CDS II Result 2018
The result will be declared after the selection process will over, all the candidates can check their result & merit list for CDS Exam 2018 at the official website. The students who’ll qualify the written examination will be called for the Stage II or Interview process, and thus CDS (II) Result 2018 will be displayed after the release of the list of candidates who passed SSB Round.
CDS Exam Cutoff List
Applicants need to secure the CDS Cutoff as per their category to qualify the defence entrance exam. The cutoff will be decided by the exam conducting body. The CDS result will be released for the candidates who will secure the overall and sectional cutoff marks. Those who will qualify the UPSC CDS Cut off 2018 will be called for the SSB tests.
UPSC CDS Exam 2018 Guidelines
The test is scheduled to be conducted on 18th November 2018 and UPSC CDS Application Form 2018 will be released from scheduled date. It is important for the candidates to check the CDS II Exam Day Guidelines since any mistake can cancel their candidature ship. Read the complete detail of CDS II Exam Day Guidelines below.
What should I carry while appearing for CDS II 2018 exam?
- Candidates can carry inside the examination hall Clipboard or hardboard (on which nothing is written).
- A good quality Black Ball Pen for marking responses on the Answer Sheet. Answer Sheet and sheet for rough work will be supplied by the invigilator.
- Candidates should carry an e-admit card in each session to secure permission to the examination hall.
- Along with the Admit Card, candidates should carry a photo identity proof viz. Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card, etc. and three passport size photographs one for each session.
What items should I not carry inside the CDS Exam premises?
- Mobile Phones, Calculators or any of the IT Gadgets are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted.
- Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items to the Examination Halls, as safe-keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
CDS I Exam Day Guidelines – General Instructions
- Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the CDS Exam 2018.
- Candidates will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- If any candidate appears at a centre/ sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in their, then their answer scripts will not be evaluated, and candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- No candidate shall copy from the papers of any other candidate nor permit his papers to be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt to obtain irregular assistance of any description.
- No candidate should misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the CDS Exam. Any such misconduct will be severely penalised.
CDS II Application Form 2018
Now here we have updated all the details if you guys have any query, you can comment below us. Download CDS II 2018 Exam Notification and apply online till the last date for UPSC CDS Application form 2018. Candidates can check UPSC CDS 2018 Notification from 8th August 2018. You can bookmark this page also for getting the latest information of CDS II Exam. You can also ask any question/ query here. We will update as soon as possible.