CDS Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process: Union Public Service Commission has announced the Combined Defence Services Examination (II) on 23rd October 2016. Interested candidates have already filled the application form and now working hard for the preparation of CDS 2 Exam 2016. The CDS Exam Pattern 2016 and UPSC CDS Syllabus 2016 have been uploaded here for the guidance of the applicants. The CDS Selection Process 2016 includes various rounds and candidates have to clear all the rounds for getting their dream job in Combined Defence Service.
The objective type written exam would be held on 23rd October 2016. CDS exams are conducted by UPSC twice in a year, CDS 1 in February and CDS 2 in October, generally. Check UPSC CDS 2 Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process below.
CDS Syllabus 2017, Check CDS Exam Pattern, UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination Selection Process
For the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Navy Academy and Air Force Academy, CDS 2 Exam is going to be conducted on 23rd October 2016. Before appearing in the objective based written exam, have a look on the CDS 2016 Exam Pattern. For your convenience, we have also provided the CDS Syllabus 2016 and CDS Selection Process 2016, so that you can give your hundred percent in the exam.
CDS Exam Pattern 2016
It’d be an objective type written examination, in which General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics questions will be both in Hindi and English language. For total time and maximum marks allotted to questions, check the below table.
Negative Marking: There’d be a negative marking of 0.3 marks for each wrong answer.
***For Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy –
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
***For Officers’ Training Academy –
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
CDS Syllabus 2016
Candidates may get the detailed information of CDS Exam Syllabus 2016 from here. As we have mentioned in the above table that questions will be asked from English language, GK and Mathematics. Get the topics of each subject from below.
Understanding of English language and workmanlike use of words would be tested under this section.
- Current Affairs (knowledge of current events and important matters)
- History of India
- Geography of India
1.1 Number System
- Natural numbers
- Rational numbers
- Real numbers
1.2 Fundamental operations
- Square roots
- Decimal fractions
1.3 Unitary method
- Time and distance
- Time and work
- Simple and Compound interest
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and proportion
1.11 Elementary Number Theory
- Division algorithm
- Prime and composite numbers
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11
- Multiples and factors
- Factorization Theorem
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Euclidean algorithm
- Logarithms to base 10
- Laws of logarithms
- Use of logarithmic tables
- Basic operations
- Simple factors
- Remainder Theorem
- H.C.F., L.C.M.
- Theory of polynomials
- Solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered)
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions
- Simultaneous linear inequations in 2 variables and their solutions
- Practical problems leading to two Simultaneous linear equations or inequations in 2 variables or quadratic equations in one
- Variable & their solutions
- Set language and set notation
- Rational expressions and conditional identities
- Laws of indices
- Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90°
- Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
- Simple trigonometric identities
- Use of trigonometric tables
- Simple cases of heights and distances
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on:
- Properties of angles at a point
- Parallel lines
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruency of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles, sides, diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normals
- Areas of –
- Areas of figures which can be split up into the above figures (Field Book).
- Surface area & volume of cuboids.
- Lateral surface & volume of right circular cones and cylinders.
- Surface area & volume of spheres.
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data
- Graphical representation frequency
- Bar charts
- Pie charts
- Measures of central tendency
CDS Selection Process 2016
All the applicants will be called for the written examination on 23rd October 2016 and for being eligible for the next round, candidates have to obtain minimum qualifying marks in this examination. The UPSC CDS Selection Process 2016 includes following phases to select the eligible candidates –
- Phase – 1: Written Examination
- Phase – 2: SSB Test (Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test)
The candidates who qualify the written exam by securing minimum qualifying marks will be called for the SSB Test which includes two stages –
Stage 1: Candidates will have to go through OIR Test (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP&DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
Stage 2: It includes Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
Note: The candidates who clear the Stage-1, will only be eligible for appearing in the Stage-2 tests.
CDS Exam Pattern 2016, CDS Syllabus, CDS Selection Process
Candidates who have applied for the CDS 2 2016, will be beneficial from this article of CDS Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2016. We have updated the complete CDS Selection Process 2016 here to boost your preparation while preparing. All the Best to all for the upcoming CDS 2 Exam 2016 on 23rd October 2016. For any query, contact us through the comment section.