Crack IBPS PO Exam In Single Attempt: If of all, we want to appreciate if you one of them who are really serious about to preparation of Bank PO Exam because Banking Industry is the fastest growing industries currently in India. To get success and clear any exam such as IBPS PO in a single attempt, hard work, and proper strategy is required. We will provide you with some tips so that you can plan your strategy to clear IBPS PO exam in your first chance. Stay tuned with us.
Analyse The Bank Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Before starting to prepare for any competitive exam like the IBPS PO exam, you need to first know about the exam pattern and syllabus. By analyzing the syllabus and exam pattern you will gain knowledge about the important or least important subject and can plan your studies accordingly.
Research on the internet for the latest syllabus. You can get information about the topic wise syllabus and course criteria and also the marks distribution of each subject. Analysing the marks criteria is essential because bank exams involve negative marking where you will lose 0.25 marks for each wrong answer. So be alert and analyze the subject syllabus priority wise. You can also contact any experienced person who deals with IBPS PO exams regularly and ask him for the syllabus or for some previous question papers to know the syllabus and pattern of the exam.
IBPS PO Exam Self Study Plan
Sometimes aspirants cannot join coaching centers or institute due to the shortage of time or if they are in the employed category. Some students don’t have enough money to pay their fees for coaching for competitive exams. If you’re one of those aspirants who would like to go for the self study plan to clear IBPS PO exam in the first attempt, then below given quick tips may help you positively.
- Identify your strong and weak aspects.
- Manage your time and create a schedule.
- Use fewer but reliable sources to study.
- Take help of the internet. You can get some good study material there.
- Make short notes for each subject topic.
- Solve mock tests and previous exam papers.
- Take short breaks between study times. Relax your body and mind.
- Revise what you have studied the whole day at the end of the day.
- Don’t divert yourself from the daily schedule.
- Plan group studies if you have colleagues or friends for the same exam.
- Last but not the least, practice more and more.
All of us know that there are the majority of people who take coaching to prepare for competitive exams. But it is not impossible for a self studying candidate to clear competitive exams. In fact, many of the aspirants from poor families who don’t have money to pay fees or some working candidates score very good and top the competitive exams. So don’t be disheartened and believe in yourself, stay confident and start studying yourself right away.
Prepare For IBPS PO Descriptive Paper
Descriptive paper of the IBPS PO exam has 50 marks weightage. The time allotted for the paper will be 30 minutes. The most important aspect of this paper in English language. You need to be good in English if you want to score well in this exam. Here are some tips for you to prepare for the IBPS PO descriptive paper.
- Read English newspaper regularly. This will improve your English grammar and vocabulary skills. You will also get to know about the current affairs in the country and the world.
- Practice writing essays, stories or articles. This will improve your English writing skills and speed. To complete the paper in 30 minutes, speed is necessary.
- If you find any uncommon word or phrase, research about its meaning, synonyms, antonyms and more. This will improve your vocabulary dramatically.
- Always use alternative words and repeat the same words again and again in the same paragraph.
- You can use the internet or a pocket dictionary to research about any unusual word you come across.
- Practice the descriptive part of the model question papers to know about the question pattern and improve your speed.
While Writing Your IBPS PO Exam
IBPS PO exam is a time restricted exam. In the prelims, you have to attempt 100 questions in just 60 minutes. Time management is an important aspect while attempting your IBPS PO exam. Here are some tips to complete your exam in time and that too without any chaos.
- Try to solve those questions first which is not lengthy and don’t require any tough calculations to be performed. Save the time for lengthy and calculative questions.
- Don’t waste your time in remembering the answer to any question you do not understand or know. Skip that question and try it at a later time.
- Read the questions carefully. Do not read half of the question and start attempting the answer. Look for any twists in the questions. It is necessary because of the negative marking criteria in the IBPS PO exam.
- Don’t panic. This will only reduce your concentration and focus and you will not be able to score good in the exam.
These are some of the tips that may help you to crack your IBPS PO exam in a single attempt if implemented. For more tips like these, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and please comment your ideas if any in the comments section. All the best!