GATE Application Form 2018: This is to inform you all that the application form of GATE 2018 will be made available by IIT Guwahati from 1st September 2017 to 05th October 2017 for all eligible candidates on the official website that is iitg.ac.in. All the eligible and interested candidates can fill the online GATE 2018 Application Form through the official website till the last date expires. The IIT Guwahati is going to conduct Graduate Aptitude Test 2018 on 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th February 2018 (Tentative) at various centres. The other details related to the GATE Application Form 2017-18 are given below, kindly go through it.
GATE 2017-18 Exam Details
Name of Organization: IIT Guwahati
Official Website: iitg.ac.in
Name of Exam: Graduate Aptitude Test Examination 2018
Application Mode: Online
Graduate Aptitude Test 2018 Eligibility Criteria
GATE Exam Educational Qualification: To fill GATE 2018 application form, Candidates must be a Graduate Degree holder in Engineering, Technology/Architecture of 4 Years after 10+2 and those who are in the Final Year of Graduation or waiting for the results can also apply.
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Degree Status||Year of qualification not later than-|
|B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (4 years program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (5- year program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B. S./M. S. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
Age Limit: There is no age limit.
GATE Exam 2017-18 Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written exam followed by other processes. After that, the final merit list will be made for the selected candidates.
- Written Exam (Computer Based)
- Personal Interview
Types of Question paper included in GATE Exam 2018 Question paper
For the GATE 2018 Examination, there would be different types of questions asked in the examination which carries 1 or 2 marks for every question.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): It is of objective type, and each question will have Multiple Choice to answer, candidates, need to choose the right one to get marks.
- Numerical Answer Questions: There will be 1 or 2 marks will be given for every right answer. For this candidates need to answer the question to be entered by Virtual keyboard.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
|Section||Question No.||No. of Questions||Marks Per|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics:|
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
GATE Application Form 2017-18 Important Dates
|Gate 2018 Application Form Start||September 01, 2017 (Friday)|
|Last date to apply||October 05, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Last date of Request for Change in City||November 17, 2017 (Friday)|
|Application Form Correction||Second week of November 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card Availability||January 05, 2018 (Friday)|
|GATE 2018 Exam Date (CBT)||February 03- 04 & February 10- 11, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays)|
|Result declaration||March 17, 2018 (Saturday)|
|Availability of GATE 2018 Scorecard||Last week of May 2018|
GATE Application Form 2018, IIT Gauhati GATE Exam 2018 Registration, GATE 2018 Application Form
The candidates who are looking for the GATE Online Registration 2018 commencement, they are now, need not to wait for a long, as the dates for the GATE Application Form 2018 has been announced. The Online Applications for GATE 2018 will be available on iitg.ac.in from 1st September 2017 to 05th October 2017. You can follow the steps given below for the GATE 2018 Online Registration.
Steps to apply for GATE 2018 Exam:
- Firstly candidates need to visit the official website that is iitg.ac.in
- After the read the GATE Exam 2017 Notification carefully.
- After that candidate has to click on the GATE 2018 Registration.
- Candidates must register first by providing a valid email address, mobile number, and a GOAPS password.
- An e-mail containing the GOAPS Enrollment ID will be sent to the applicant on registered e-mail ID.
- Log-in through the Enrollment ID and Password.
- Enter the personal information, degree details, and upload passport size photograph, scanned image of signature and thumb impression and degree certificates/ mark sheets.
- You have to enter your ID proof details also which you’ll carry at the examination venue.
- The application fee can be paid through net banking/ debit card/ e-challan and you’ll be provided fee payment number and you’ll have to enter this fee payment number in the GATE Application Form 2018.
- You can either Save the application form (for later editing) or Confirm and Final Submit.
- After the Final Submit, you can’t make changes in the online application form.
GATE 2018 Application Fee:
- General /OBC-NC male candidate: 1500/-
- SC/ST/PH male or Female candidate: 750/-
NOTE: The application fee would be accepted through net-banking/ debit card/ e-challan only.
GATE 2018 Application Form Important Links
About GATE: GATE exam is jointly conducted by the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and seven IITs on behalf of the National Coordination Board. Seven IITs are IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee. The exam is conducted for admission in postgraduate courses such as M.E., M. Tech, direct Ph.D. So, candidates who want to take admission in M.E, M. Tech or Direct Ph.D. for the academic year 2017, they can apply online. The score may also be used by Public Sector Units (PSU) for employment screening purposes. Students will be able to Get GATE 2018 Notification Here. So GATE 2018 Online Application Form noticeable information is mentioned as follows.
GATE Admit Card 2018: The admit card for GATE Exam 2018 will be issued after the application process will over, all the candidates can download it from the official website.
GATE 2018 Result: The result of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 will be declared after the selection process will over, all the candidates can check the result after the declaration.