IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is the biggest and the most reputed civil services exam in India. IAS exam is organized once a year by the UPSC for recruitment in Indian administrative services. IAS exam is conducted in three rounds: IAS pre exam, main exam and personal interview. In this article, we will discuss some tips on how to prepare for IAS exam.
IAS exam paper may include any question about Indian economy, geology, politics, history, administration, defense, etc. Since it is the biggest administrative exam in India, the candidate must be aware of everything about our country in order to be an IAS. There are total nine descriptive type papers in RAS main exam paper for a total of 1750 marks. The exam includes following papers; Essay, language, English, General Studies-I, General Studies-II, General Studies-III, General Studies-IV, Optional subject paper-1 and optional subject paper-2, a total of 2350 marks out of which English and language marks are not counted making it a total of 1750 marks.
UPSC IAS Exam Preparation :-
- Study regularly and with proper planning. Either make a schedule daily or prepare a schedule for complete study and follow it strictly.
- Get familiar with the exam pattern and start solving sample papers to know your exam.
- Interact with other candidates for better guidance. You can find many people in your coaching center or on online groups. Talk to each other about your preparation.
- While studying, prepare notes and revise them regularly before you start with the next topic.
- Practice mock tests/sample test papers as much as you can. It will not only make you familiar with the exam questions, but also will enhance your speed.
- For IAS exam paper, general knowledge and awareness play a very important role. You can read Newspapers and GK magazines regularly to stay updated with current affairs.
- While you read, note down the important topics. Analyze and prepare the important topics separately.
- You can also use previous year question papers for your IAS exam preparation. You can find these papers online or with an exam preparation book.
- Confidence is the key to success. Always keep confidence and keep motivating yourself. IAS exam may be hard, but it is not impossible to crack. If you prepare properly and regularly, you can definitely make through it.