Job Interview Tips and Tricks: Interview is the last and one of the most important steps of a job recruitment procedure both for a company and a candidate. A company gets the opportunity to know and judge the potential of the candidate via a personal interview whereas the candidate gets the importunity to present himself in the best manner in front of the company to leave a long lasting impression.
Since the interview is crucial for a job recruitment process, it is important to give the best performance to make sure the success. In this article, we will discuss some job interview tips, tricks and important points.
How to prepare for Interview, Get Best Tips for Clearing Interview, Effective Tricks to Pass Interview
The most important thing that an interviewer notices in the candidate is his confidence and communication skills. Make sure that you present yourself in the best way to the interviewers. Here are some important tips and tricks to help you with the interview preparation.
- Dress properly: Dressing of the candidate makes the very first impression on the interviewers. Make sure that it is positive. For boys, wear a formal shirt with a complementing trouser. Wearing a tie is optional. For girls, a top or blouse with a matching skirt or pant will do. Skirt should not be very short. Avoid unnecessary jewelry and thick perfume.
- Behave properly: Behavior and manners of the candidate also make their impression on the interviewers. How do you enter the room? Do you ask for permission? Do you greet them? Everything is noticed by the interviewers. Make sure that you behave properly in a decent way. Do not lose your temper and try to avoid misunderstandings with the valid points.
- Work on your communication: It is very important to maintain a proper communication level in the interview. If the interview is supposed to be conducted in English, make sure that you are good at it. Practice English speaking with friends or with a mirror. Practice sample interview questions in English.
- Know the company: Collect some information about the company in which you are going for an interview. You must be aware of the common things and current updates from the company. It shows your interest in the company and job profile.
- Professional knowledge: Technical interviews are conducted to check the candidate’s professional knowledge. Make sure that you know everything that interviewers can ask you. Interview is usually the very last step of the recruitment process. Study as much as you can and learn everything from the subject.
- Make an effective resume: Keep your resume simple, but effective. Include the things that give it importance and avoid the unnecessary details. Mention in it, the things and achievements important for that particular job profile. Always include your contact information and personal details. Include only correct and justified information.
- Stay confident: Confidence is the key to success and the same thing applies to a job interview. If you lose your confidence, you may also lose the opportunity. Without confidence, you may not be able to answer the questions. You may also lose control over yourself. Be confident and make sure the success in a job interview.
- Practice the common questions: You can easily find on the internet the common questions asked in an interview. Practice with these questions and formulate the best answers for them. Some common interview questions are given below:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why do you want to join this company?
- Why did you leave your last company? (If this is not your first job)
- What are your strengths?
- What is your weakness?
- How can you help this company?
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years (or more)?
- Why should we hire you?
- If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be?
- What does failure & success mean to you?
- Who do you most admire and why? (Who is your role model and why)
- Why are you here?
- What is your passion?
- What are the traits of a good work environment?
- If you could do anything, what would be your ideal job?
Things to avoid in a job interview
- Inappropriate dressing
- Arriving late
- Bad behavior
- Don’t be the first to bring up salary
- Avoid over-confidence
- Do not say bad things about your previous employer
- Do not say “I hate my job,” when asked why are you leaving your current job.
- Do not use your cell phone during the interview
- Do not try to make one if you do not know an answer
- Do not lie
- Do not distract
- Avoid talking too much