Southern Railway Recruitment 2017: The Southern Railway, the Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, signal & Telecommunication Workshop, Podanur, Coimbatore has released an official advertisement at sr.indianrailways.gov.in regarding the Southern Railway Trade Apprentice Vacancy 2017 about 148 vacant places for the post of Trade Apprentices. The interested and eligible candidates can apply for these vacancies by sending the duly filled Southern Railway Jobs 2017 Application Form to the given address on or before 25th January 2017. More details regarding this vacancy are provided below in this post.
About Southern Railway: The Southern Railway came into existence in its present form on 14 April 1951 by merging the three state railways – Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, South Indian Railway, and Mysore state railway. Its present network extends over a large area in India’s Southern Peninsula. It covers the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Pondicherry and a small portion of Andhra Pradesh too.
Southern Railway Trade Apprentice Vacancy 2017 Complete Details:
Number of the posts: 148 Vacancies
Name of the Posts:
- Signal & Telecommunication / Workshop Podanur: 30 Posts
- Diesel Loco Shed / Erode under Salem Division: 50 Posts
- Electric Loco Shed (Rolling Stock) / Erode under Salem Division: 26 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon Depot / Erode under Salem Division: 05 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon Depot / Palghat under Palghat Division: 10 Posts
- Diesel Loco Shed / Ernakulam under Trivandrum Division: 11 Posts
- Carriage & Wagon Depot / TVC under Trivandrum Division: 12 Posts
- Fresher (Railway Hospital/Palakkad): 02 Posts
Apply Mode: Offline
Organization Name: Southern Railway
Official Website: sr.indianrailways.gov.in
Pay-Scale: As prescribed under Apprentice Act.
|Designation Trades||Minimum Essential Educational Qualification||Period of Training|
|Fitter, Machinist & Turner||Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education or its equivalent and also possess National Trade certificate in the notified trade issued by the NCVT.||1 year|
|Carpenter & Welder||Passed standard VIII and also possess National Trade certificate in the notified trade issued by the NCVT.||Welder – 1 year,|
Carpenter – 2 years
|Electrician /Electronics Mechanic||Passed 10th class examination under 10+2 system of education with science as one of the subjects, or its equivalent and should possess National Trade Certificate in the notified trade issued by NCVT.||1 year|
|Mechanic Diesel Maintenance||Should have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent and also possess National Trade certificate in the notified trade issued by the NCVT.||2 year|
|Medical Laboratory Technician (Radiology)||Should have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system of education with physics, chemistry, and biology.||8 months (including one-week basic training)|
|Medical Laboratory Technician (Pathology||Should have passed 12th class examination under 10_2 system of education with physics, chemistry and biology.||6 months (including one-week basic training)|
Age Limit: The age will be considered as on 26th January 2017.
- General: 15-24 years
- OBC: 15-27 Years
- ST/ SC: 15-29 Years
- PWD: 15-34 years
Important Dates: Last Date for Submission of Application: 25th January 2017
Southern Railway Recruitment 2017 Application Form, Apply Offline 148 Trade Apprentices Post, sr.indianrailways.gov.in:
The interested and eligible candidates may apply for the Southern Railway Jobs 2017 by submitting the duly filled Southern Railway Vacancy 2017 Application Form to the given address till 25th January 2017. The venues for the application form receipt are given below and make it sure that the application form should reach the given address till the last date, after the last date the applications will not be accepted by the receiving authority. Applicants may follow below-mentioned steps to apply for Southern Railway Trade Apprentices Recruitment 2017.
How to Apply:
- Applicants need to access sr.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Go through the official notification for this vacancy.
- Download application form in prescribed proforma.
- Fill information in application form according to instruction.
- Attach Xerox copies of required documents along with duly filled application form and put it all in an envelope.
- Write down “Application for Apprenticeship Training Ex.ITI” on the top of the envelope and send it by ordinary post/Registered post or drop at S&T/WS to below-mentioned postal address.
The Workshop Personnel Officer,
Office of the Chief Work Shop Manager,
Signal & Telecommunication Work Shop,
Southern Railway – Podanur
Coimbatore – District Tamil Nadu – 641 023
- General & Other Category Candidates: Rs. 100/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Women Candidates: No application fee.
Selection Process: Selection of candidates will be based on Merit basis and Standard of physical Fitness.
Result: Name list of selected candidates will be published on the official website of Southern Railway, i.e., sr.indianrailways.gov.in/.
Southern Railway Chennai Jobs 2017
The Southern Railway is about to recruit 148 candidates for Trade Apprentice Posts. All interested and eligible candidates can apply for this post by submitting the duly filled Southern Railway Jobs 2017 Application Form to the given address till 25th January 2017. For any of the issues regarding this vacancy, you may contact us by leaving a comment at the end of the post.