SSC CHSL Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Selection process 2016-17: Staff Selection Commission is going conduct Common Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) Tier-I and Tier-II examination in the January and April month 2017 respectively. For this big recruitment exam, candidates have started their preparations and they are doing hard work to crack this exam. Here we are going to provide SSC CHSL New Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Selection Process 2016-17 to support in your exam preparation. Recruitment process will be completed on the basis of written test and Skill test for the Data Entry Operator, Lower Division Clerk, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant(PA/SA) and Court Clerk. Check here SSC CHSL New exam pattern.
Selected candidates in written test will be called for skill test. There 5134 vacant posts for above mentioned post and large number of candidates applied for it.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016-17, Check SSC CHSL Syllabus, SSC 10+2 Syllabus and Selection Process
The latest updates about SSC CHSL LDC Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Selection process 2016-17 has been included in our post. Candidates need to know about new pattern of SSC CHSL Exam for marvelous preparation of this compitative exam. Check SSC CHSL Court Clerk Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection process here.
SSC CHSL Selection Process 2016-17/Scheme of Examination
|Name of Examination||Date||Marks|
|Computer Based Written Exam (Tier-I)||07.01.2017- 05.02.2017||75 Minutes(Total)|
|Descriptive Paper(Tier-II)||09.04.2017||1 Hour|
|Skill Test||Update after Tier-I and Tier-II||As per post|
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2016-17
Computer Based Examination(Objective Type Tier-I): The examination will consist in batches in a day.
- Timing for 2 Batches/day: Ist Batch timing: 10AM-11.15 AM and IInd Batch timing 4.15PM-5.30PM
- Timing for 3 Batches/Day: 1st Batch: 10Am-11.15 AM, IInd Batch: 1.15PM-2.30PM and IIIrd Batch: 4.15PM-5.30PM.
Negative Marking: 0.50 marks assigned to that question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Part||Subject||No of Question||Maximum Marks|
Descriptive Paper (Tier-II): This paper of SSC CHSl exam contain the descriptive type paper of 100 marks and in One Hour duration. Candidates need to write Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application in 150-200 words.
Data Entry Operator Skill test: 8,000(eight thousand) key Depression per hour on the computer.
Typing test for SSC CHSL Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and Court Clerk:
Applicants opting for English medium should have the typing speed of 35 words per minute and Hindi medium opting candidates should have 30 words per minute typing speed.
SSC CHSL Syllabus for CBT (Tier-I) 2016-17
SSC CHSL English Language Syllabus:
- Fill in the Blanks
- Spot the Error
- Idioms & Phrases
- Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs
- One word substitution
- Improvement of Sentences
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration
- Cloze Passage
- Shuffling of Sentences in a passage
- Comprehension Passage
SSC CHSL Quantitative Ability(Arithmetic) Syllabus:
- Decimal and Fractions
- Computation of whole Number
- Relationship between numbers
Fundamental arithmetical operations
- Time and work
- Time and distance
- Partnership Business
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square roots, Averages
- Mixture and Allegation
- Profit and Loss, Discount
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations
Geometry(Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts)
- Circle and its chords, tangents
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Right Prism
- Regular Polygons
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Right Circular Cone
- Rectangular Parallelepiped,
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometric ratios
- Complementary angles
- Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities like sin20 + Cos20=1 etc.
- Bar- diagram
- Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram,
- Frequency polygon
SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus:
- current events
- General policy
- Economic Scene
- Scientific research
SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus:
- Figural Analogy
- Venn Diagrams
- Semantic Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Semantic Series
- Figural Classification
- Drawing inferences
- Verbal and nonverbal
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Selection Process 2016-17
Now, candidates can prepare themselves with the help of SSC DEO Exam Pattern and Syllabus. We have shared SSC CHSL Selection Process 2016-17. For information regarding SSC CHSL Exam pattern, Syllabus, Selection Scheme 2016-17, you may ask here.