SSC Constable GD Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018: Hello, Aspirants! You all might have gone through the latest notification by the Staff Selection Commission related to the conduction of SSC GD Constable 2018 Exam in December 2018. SSC, every year offers many opportunities for all the eligible candidates, by which they can grab a ravishing government opportunity. To start a well-organized preparation and understand the subject matters, you should get a thorough analysis of the SSC Constable (GD) syllabus 2018 and exam pattern. Keeping this in mind, we are here providing a fully detailed SSC GD Constable Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2018, which might help you during your preparation without any hurdle.
SSC is basically an organization that works under the Government of India to recruit staff for different posts in various Ministries and Departments. SSC, every year releases Constable GD Vacancies to recruit less educated candidates for many constable posts. The department is expected to conduct the examination sometime in the month of July 2018, and the applicants can get all the details regarding it is the official website i.e. ssc.nic.in. Additional details regarding SSC Constable GD Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2018 can be seen below:
SSC Constable GD Exam Syllabus 2018 Subject Wise
- Name of the Organization: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Official Website: ssc.nic.in
- Total Vacancies: 54953 Posts
- Name of Exam: SSC GD Constable Exam 2018
- Department Name: CISF, CISF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, NIA, SSF and Assam Riffles
Examination Details: SSC Constable (GD) Exam 2018
- Name of Post: General Duty Constable
- Online Application Starting Date: 17 August 2018
- Last Date for Application Submission: 30 September 2018
- SSC Constable Exam Date 2018: December 2018 or January 2019
- SSC GD Constable Exam Admit Card Release Date: – December 2018
SSC GD Constable Selection Process 2018
The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of these following rounds. The final result will be made after all rounds will be cleared.
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Written Examination
- Medical Examination
SSC Constable GD exam 2018 Syllabus & Pattern
A detailed description of the PET/PST (Physical Efficiency Test/Physical Standard Test) can simply be seen in the following tables given below, by which, you will get an exact idea to make preparations. Let’s have a look at these tables:
SSC GD Constable PST Pattern 2018 (Physical Standard Test)
|Category||Height||Chest (Only for Male Candidates)||Weight|
|For Male Candidates||170 Cms||80 Cms||Min expansion 5 Cms||Proportionate to height and age as per Medical Standards|
|For Female Candidates||157 Cms||–||–|
SSC Constable Pattern PET 2018 (Physical Efficiency Test)
For All Region:
|For Male||For Female Candidates|
|Race||5 Kms in 24 Minutes||1.6 Kms in 8½ Minutes|
For Ladakh Region:
|For Male||For Female Candidates|
|Race||1 Mile in 6½ Minutes||800 Meters in 4 Minutes|
SSC Constable GD Exam Pattern 2018
To start the preparation of SSC GD Constable Exam 2018, all the candidates must have a keen knowledge regarding the syllabus and exam pattern of SSC Constable Exam 2018. For this, we are here offering you a detailed description of the SSC Constable GD Exam Pattern 2018, so that you can prepare yourself in a more fluent way. Let us take a look at the table mentioned below:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||No. of Ques|
|Part-A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Part-B||General Knowledge & General Awareness||25||25|
|Part-C||Elementary Mathematics/ Quantitative||25||25|
Exam pattern of SSC Constable GD written exam is as follows:
- The written exam will be multiple choice objective type.
- Candidates have to choose one correct answer from given four answers (A, B, C, D) for one particular question.
- The written examination will consist of one objective type paper containing 100 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The time duration will be allowed of 02:00 hours (120 minutes).
- The questions in all the components will be of Matriculation level.
SSC Constable Exam Pattern for Medical Test
- The candidates must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein and squint in eyes. They must be in good mental and physical health for duties in all places including in high altitude and be fit to serve in border areas with extreme climatic conditions and must be free from any defect likely to interfere with efficient performance of the duties.
- Only those candidates who have scored above the cut off marks fixed by the Commission in Written Examination will be required to appear in the Medical Examination. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different qualifying standards for candidates belonging to different categories in different states/UTs, taking into consideration vacancies allotted to each State/UT.
- The selected candidates will be medically examined by the medical boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness as prescribed in the eligibility conditions. “Those who do not produce domicile certificate will not be allowed to appear for medical examination.
- Medical Test (X-Ray & laboratory) shall be conducted only for such candidates who are found fit after passing through all the level of tests.
- In case of medical examination, “temporary unfitness” will not be allowed. However, any female candidate who during the medical examination is found to be pregnant of twelve weeks standing or above, shall be declared temporarily unfit and her medical examination held in abeyance until the confinement is over.
- Candidates declared unfit may file an appeal/representation to the designated authority in the CAPFs within 15 days of declaring him/her unfit by the medical board.
- Testimonials of the candidates will be checked at the medical examination stage.
- Eye Sight:
|Visual Acuity Unaided
|Uncorrected Visual Acuity
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual Correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.||CP-III BY ISIHARA||– In right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice-versa.
– Binocular vision is required.
SSC Constable GD Exam Syllabus 2018
Candidates who are going to appear in SSC Constable GD Exam 2018 must know SSC Constable Syllabus 2018 for managing their Study and preparation. We are providing all the topics of Syllabus on this page; you can check it given below:-
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
SSC Constable GD Exam 2018 Syllabus: General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences.
- Space Visualization.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Visual Memory.
- Relationship concepts.
- Arithmetical Reasoning.
- Figurative Classification.
- Arithmetic Number Series.
- Non-Verbal Series.
- Coding and Decoding.
- Semantic Analogy.
- Figurative Analogy.
- Semantic Classification.
- Symbolic/Number Classification.
- Number Series.
- Figurative Series.
- Venn Diagrams.
- Embedded Figures etc.
SSC Constable GD Syllabus 2018: General Awareness
- Questions related to India and its neighboring countries.
- Economic Scene.
- General Polity.
- Indian Constitution.
- Scientific Research etc.
SSC Constable Exam Syllabus 2018: Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Square roots.
- Profit & Loss.
- Partnership Business.
- Mixture and Allegation.
- Time and distance.
- Time & work.
- Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Congruence and similarity of triangles.
- Circle and its chords.
- Regular Polygons.
- Trigonometric ratio.
- Standard Identities etc.
SSC Constable GD Exam Syllabus 2018: English/Hindi Comprehension
- Error Recognition.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Sentence Structure.
- Sentence Completion.
- Phrases and Idioms.
- Comprehension etc.
SSC Constable GD Exam Syllabus & Pattern 2018
All the candidates who are doing preparation for SSC Constable GD Exam 2018, they must read this above article of SSC Constable GD Exam 2018 Syllabus and make their career better. This syllabus gives you a full detail about SSC Constable GD exam pattern and topic wise details which are very beneficial for you. For more query, candidates can ask us in our comment box.