TN MRB Recruitment 2017: The Medical Services Recruitment Board of Tamil Nadu has recently released an official notification for a massive number of 744 vacancies at Assistant Surgeon Posts. The Government of Tamil Nadu has offered a splendid opportunity to all the medical stream candidates via Tamil Nadu MRB Vacancy 2017, to grab the way for a bright future. The department has already rolled out its application form, which must be submitted by every desired candidate on or before 10th October 2017. The application form is available at its official site at mrb.tn.gov.in.
The TN Medical Services Recruitment Board (MRB) was established and constituted by the Government of Tamil Nadu on 02nd January 2017. The department strictly focuses on the work of recruiting candidates in various category of posts in the Health and Family Welfare Department. Additional information regarding the new TN MRB Recruitment 2017 such as vacancy details, eligibility criteria, how to apply, selection procedure and many others are elaborated in the points given below:
TN MRB Vacancy 2017 Details
- Name of Organization– Tamil Nadu Medical Services Recruitment Board
- Name of Post– Assistant Surgeon
- Number of Vacancies– 744 Vacancies
- Pay Scale– Rs 15,600-Rs 39,100 + Grade Pay of Rs 5,400
A detailed description of the following aforementioned vacancies is mentioned in the table given below:
|Speciality of Field||Post Code||No. of Posts|
|Forensic Medicine||006||015 Vacancies|
|General Medicine||007||051 Vacancies|
|General Surgery||008||044 Vacancies|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||009||200 Vacancies|
|Physical And Rehab Medicine||014||005 Vacancies|
|Radio Diagnosis||016||016 Vacancies|
|Radio Therapy||017||010 Vacancies|
|Social Preventive Medicine||018||020 Vacancies|
|TB & Chest Disease||019||015 Vacancies|
Tamil Nadu MRB Jobs 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Just like any other competitive exam, the Recruitment Board has also fixed some eligibility levels, which any mandatory for every candidate to apply for the posts. The eligibility criteria of the new TN Assistant Surgeon Job is divided into two parts:
Age Limit– The age limit for every above mentioned posts differ as per the category of the applicant. We can see a detailed description of it in the table given below:
|Category of Candidates||Maximum Age|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBC&DCs, BCs, BCMs (including Ex-Servicemen belonging to these communities)||57 Years|
|Others (Candidates apart from the above listed categories)||35 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen belonging to ‘others’||48 Years|
Educational Qualification- To apply for the Assistant Surgeon position at Tamil Nadu MRB, the applicant must have an MBBS Degree along with a PG Degree/Super Speciality Degree/DNB/PG Diploma in the concerned Speciality from a recognized university and the courses must have been approved by the Medical Council of India. Moreover, a candidate must also be:
Additional Educational Qualification (Degree Details) can also be seen in the table given below:
|Speciality||PG Degree||PG Diploma|
|Anatomy||M.D. Anatomy/M.S. Anatomy||–|
|Forensic Medicine||M.D. Forensic Medicine||–|
|General Medicine||M.D. General Medicine||–|
|General Surgery||M.S. General Surgery||–|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||M.S. Obstetrics & Gynaecology/ M.D. (O&G)||D.G.O.|
|Physical And Rehab Medicine||M.D. PMR||Dip.Physical Medicine|
|Psychiatry||M.D. Psychiatric Medicine||D.P.M|
|Radio Diagnosis||M.D. Radio Diagnosis||D.M.R.D|
|Radio Therapy||M.D. Radio Therapy||D.M.R.T|
|Social Preventive Medicine||M.D. (S.P.M.)/M.D.(CM)||D.P.H.|
|TB & Chest Disease||M.D. T.B & Chest Diseases/MD (RD)/ M.D. (Pulmonology)||D.T.C.D/D.T.R.D|
TN MRB Assistant Surgeon Vacancy 2017 Important Dates
- Starting Date of Online Application- 20th September 2017
- Last Date of Online Application- 10th October 2017
- Last Date of Fee Submission- 12th October 2017
How to apply for TN MRB Recruitment 2017 – 744 Vacancies
To apply for the above mentioned jobs, each and every candidate will have to go through the online application process via its official site on or before 10th October 2017. Moreover, we have also listed some steps to help you throughout the application process:
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu MRB at mrb.tn.gov.in
- Search for the TN MRB Recruitment 2017 Notification and register yourself with a genuine e-mail id.
- Read all the given guidelines carefully and start filling the application form with all of your genuine details.
- Recheck all the details after filling the application form.
- Attach your scanned photograph and signature.
- Submit it and take a printout of it for future references.
Tamil Nadu MRB Vacancies 2017 Application Fee
For the convenience of applicants, the department has offered both ways to pay the application amount. In simple words, we can say that a candidate can pay the application fee either via online or via offline mode. The fee amount can be seen in the below mentioned points:
- For SC/SCA/ST/DAP(PH) candidates- Rs 375
- For Other category candidates- Rs 750
TN MRB Jobs 2017 Important Links
TN Assistant Surgeon Recruitment 2017 Selection Procedure
The selection process of the given posts is a bit different and unique as compared to other government competitive exams. The process of selection can be seen in the points given below:
- There will not be any kind of written or oral test of the applicants. The walk-ins will be entirely based on the marks scored by the candidate in PG Degree / Super speciality / DNB / PG Diploma (as the case may be) in concerned Speciality / Super speciality as per the communal roster, duly following the rules of reservation of Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates in a speciality will be preferred in the following order: (i) Post Graduate- Degree, (ii) DNB, (iii) Post Graduate – Diploma in a speciality.
Help Line/Contact Details Tamil Nadu Medical Services Recruitment Board
Medical Services Recruitment Board,
7th floor, DMS Building,
359, Anna Salai,
Chennai- 600 006
Phone No.- 044-24355757
Tamil Nadu Assistant Surgeon Jobs 2017
Tamil Nadu MRB has offered a sparkling opportunity for all the Medical students via its TN MRB Recruitment 2017, by which they can easily get the way of a prosperous future. All the details regarding Tamil Nadu MRB Assistant Surgeon Vacancy 2017 has been mentioned in the aforementioned article, still you are free to ask any of your queries in the comment section below. You can also subscribe us to get all the details regarding latest Government Jobs 2017.